6.24.2010

thrift store roadtrip.

A few summers ago, I wanted to go on a true, cross-country roadtrip and hit as many cool thrift stores as I could along the way. I think I did drive across Minnesota, ending in Duluth. And I did hit up a few thrift stores, but the shopping wasn't uber memorable. I think I went to a Plato's Closet and the store that used to carry SJP's line. The Goodwill in Duluth? Don't recall stepping foot in there. Dang it. And I highly doubt the troop I'm heading out there with tomorrow morning will want to stop. Eh, that's okay.

I actually had a "I don't feel like shopping day" yesterday. It was so odd. The Dakota Boys Ranch store was even having 75% off their last-season Target stuff, and I had three items in my hands... that I ended up setting down and leaving without. It was weird.

But those days are necessary, perhaps, for a shopaholic who... um, just charged $200 on her Visa via Nordstrom.com (2 pairs of Jeffrey Campbell heels that were 50% off, a dress, pants), $90 at GoJane.com, and $36 on ebay for some Minnetonka moccasins - ankle height.

Now, knowing me, half of the stuff from Nordstrom.com and GoJane.com will be shipped back... BUT STILL.

Anyhow, back to the roadtrip idea... maybe I could do that still this summer? Can my 10-yr-old bug handle that? Even just to Portland/OR and back? I don't know.

Before I sign off... some inspiration from StyleBubble's blog:





No comments:

Post a Comment