6.12.2010

not a popular fashionblog. just a wannabe.

I've noticed that a lot of fashionbloggers are ... college students? So, am I horning in on some territory that isn't reserved for me? Basically, am I too damn old to be doing this? I know the answer, yet, I had to ask it.

I do know that I don't have enough time to be a really great fashionblogger. I like to take pics of myself at my cutest, but I'd rather be thrifting than fashionblogging. My teaching blog (which has double-duty as my food journal) means a little more to me. It's intellectual & about mental/physical health.

Do I wish I had a super popular fashionblog? Of course. But I want a popular class more. And I want a funky published book more too.

And, right now, I'd put up with one more batch of crappy student evals (like the ones I used to get which were uber frustrating) just to have/find/land a house for my boyfriend & I. Hell, I'd put up with a few mean student emails to have a house. Even a house that needed to be remodeled. Yeah.

So, I guess we all want a lot of things... but when you prioritize, you realize which wants are BIGGIES. Like, so big that I'll cry when the bf and I have our first fight over who should take the trash out. And I won't cry over the fight; I'll cry at the fact that we'll be in OUR kitchen with dirty dishes. I'm so sappy.

1 comment:

  1. I strongly dislike the fact that you get bad evals, partially because I like you, and partially because your class was TOTALLY one of my favorites. :-) When students get you down, remember the ones whose lives you absolutely changed for the better!

    ReplyDelete