6.16.2010

opportunity.

My cousin's fiance's bachelorette party is this Friday. He's like a second brother to me, and she's cool... so it's one of those I'm-beyond-happy-they-are-getting-hitched things. I know when it's a good thing when I look at their events like, "Oooh, fashion opportunity, kids!" rather than, "Oh, man, I have to figure out what to wear." Okay, the second rarely happens, but I have had a few events in the past that I wasn't super pumped about so therefore it's hard to get pumped about dressing for it. Duh.

Okay.

The bachelorette party is low-key. We're meeting at a bar she likes, and then going from there. I love having actual plans for parts of weekends. Oh, and there's another fun party Saturday for another friend who is moving, but knowing me, I may not make it because I'll exhaust myself party-wise Friday night. But, here's hoping, right?!

So, since I've added more fashionblogs (style blogs, whatever) to my Google Reader just now, I've been inspired by Kertiii's blog to make up my eyes big-time with color and wear lace. Charms too, and maybe I should make a harness-y necklace like I've seen? Um, and my thrashed black leggings... I guess I'm going for punk-meets-ladylike? Perfected details with imperfect ones? Maybe a new hairstyle? A hat may be too hot, but pulling off a braid with a half-up do may be cool & do-able? Then, I'm thinking a black base and black heels with neutrals or pops of color - not both. Leaning towards the ivorys and creams, I suppose?

I think, awhile ago, I was thinking of that black, ruffled Target skirt with a tough brown belt... then a grey fitted tee with a bunch of necklaces? I don't know. It's always good to pack a variety of neutrals and then mix-n-match. Plus, I'll have some time Friday, in between lunch w/my sister and the party, to hit Savers (to bring in my sister's box of stuff) and The Gap (I'm probably going to bring back those three items I got this last weekend - I just don't know if I'll wear 'em, ya know? They are cool, but I have a grey cardigan, short baggy jeans, and the olive men's cargos hit my stomach area too high).

Yeah.

Too much text, eh?

How about a great hair cut? [above]

Structured jacket + ripped up jeans + great shoes = awesome.
From miraypetrini's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment