6.08.2010

cheap inspiration and iron-ons.

I just loaded up on a few more blogs. Meaning: I put some more fashionblogs into my Google Reader... I've started focusing on those who are secondhand-store-freaks. Thrifters, vintage lovers, etc. I'm kind of "over" those who can buy Miu Miu like I buy Target - w/o a thought. And, honestly, I'm not as obsessed with those fashionblogs by people who are on the front lines of fashion shows and get stuff for free.

I guess I'm a cheap ass? Even when it comes to be inspired? (Should I be apologizing?)

I want to see how the sweetheart in rural West Virginia mixed a pair of Target heels with a handmade dress or a chopped-up moo-moo from the Goodwill (Salvation Army/Savers/etc.)... or I want to see how DirtyHairHalo/DisarmingDarling/VintageVirgin mixed prints. Or how SecondSkin/myEdit/DelightfullyTacky mixed up things she already has... and yeah, I want to drool over Orchid Grey's nose piercing and hair. Duh.

Today, I want to get creative. Creative with iron-ons... I have a lot of random letters left from t-shirt-making over the past few years. I think it could be artsy and different. Someone's probably already done this, but I'm going to do it anyhow. Oh, and I have iron-on denim pieces that I want to use on some cut-off Levis. I'd like to make them look like this - bleached out and ripped up.

I'll post creations today if possible. :o)

1 comment:

  1. The front lines of fashion tend to be a lot like the front lines of a war zone as far as I can tell (NOT to deride war zones). Just as hazardous, and fewer even make it through. So you're not a cheap ass, you're sensible and not insane! ;) So no, don't apologize! You still manage to look great, without throwing away your paycheck - that takes way more talent than following the "rules" of fashion does. :)

    ReplyDelete