6.24.2010

obese?

I was talking to my sister about how I should write an argument, a sample one, for my students about the definition of "obese" because technically, I fall into that category on some charts. It's nuts, really, because I don't think my BMI is that high, and... can an obese person run 5Ks on any given day?

Her response was that I'm not obese, just overweight, and that there probably are obese people who can run 3 miles just fine. I disagreed, in my head. But her points could work in my argument as the counterpoints...

With that said, I've been cruising around on Etsy & eBay's vintage shops in the past few months, due to fashionbloggers linking to them via my Google Reader. Well, here's my issue/problem/question:

WHERE ARE THE VINTAGE SHOPS FOR AVERAGE-SIZE GALS?

I mean, I know that "back then" there were a lot of skinny girlies - more so than now; however, you can't tell me that everything vintage is small. And I'm not asking for a dress that's a tent either. I'm a size 14 (size 12 or 10 in some dresses) and am hourglass-shaped.

Anyhow, it's a typical complaint from someone not a size 2, I suppose. And if I had enough ambition to teach, write, AND have an Etsy/eBay shop specifically for average+ gals, I would. But I'm too tired; I'll just be lazy (oh, stereotypes of the obese!) and complain to no one in particular.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment