8.03.2010

30 for 30?

Kendi & The Daily Fashionista have been doing a 30for30 Challenge: "The deal is to pick out 30 items from your closet and remix them into different looks for 30 days. There is also no shopping for new clothes for the next 30 days. " Hmm. Does the 30 include accessories & shoes? I'm hoping not*. I think I could do this. The first part anyway. No shopping until early September? Yikes.
*Just found some fine print on Kendi's blog; accessories & scarves are not included in the 30, but shoes are. Eeek.

Okay. So, IF I were to attempt this starting, say, tomorrow... she's got it divided into the following (claiming afterward that she should've gone with more color & more fun shoe choices - good to know):
8 Tops.
5 Pants.
4 Skirts.
4 Dresses.
3 Jackets.
6 Shoes (she did 3 brown pairs and 3 black).

Now... I don't need jackets if I do this in August, do I? Maybe one cardigan? And in August, one doesn't need 5 pairs of pants but maybe 4 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of jeans... So, I'll brainstorm:
--- 9 Tops: denim long-sleeve button-up, 1 tank top, 1 rayon/silk pok-a-dotted top, and then 3 tees?
--- 7 Bottoms: Silver worn-in jeans? Levi's cut-off shorts, Old Navy shorts, floral shorts from Alloy, nice white shorts? and...
--- 6 Dresses: black one, floral one, striped tunic...
--- 7 Shoes: 3 flats and 3 wedges? One pair of flippy-floppies.
--- 1 Cardigan.
--- Unlimited hats, scarves, and accessories. Yay.

I'll have to think about it. It sounds like a challenge though. A big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment