7.14.2010

retract that?

VintageVirgin: Yes to the bag and sandals, right?
FashionZen.


In my last post, I tried to pinpoint my style:
"People are often able to pinpoint, to a degree, what their style is. Goth, princess, French... just like they are able to pinpoint their decorating style (Minimal, American Classic, cabin-esque, etc.). And instead of being "one of those people" who says, "Well, I like everything but country" when it comes to music likes, I'd like to pinpoint my style.

It's got a few parts. When I get ready, I like to look like a combo of these things or one particular thing:
Big Categories:
--- Rockstar... studs, black, crazy hair, fitted tops, loose jeans, cowboy boots, flannel... mixed with
Grunge... messy, mis-matched, chains...
--- Hippie... bell bottoms, clogs, funky patterns, mini-skirts, ... mixed with Vintage Freak... one-of-a-kind finds with basics from Target...
--- Minimal... great-fitting jeans, flattering blazers, funky tees, single weird charm necklaces...

Maybe this evolves, but I think that I mostly use these categories to create a style that's feminine and rough."


Well, I think "minimal" is found in those other categories, and as I'm reading Marie Claire (and other fashionbloggers) today, I'm think the third category would be Country/The Wild West or something like that. I like cowboy boots and Levis and fur and plaids and moose and leather and braids and fringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment