12.07.2012

project #6: unlisted = wrapping.

Last night, I didn't start a new project. Instead, I had to wrap up previous projects because I need to get these gifts to my parents ... they're delivering a gift to my grandparents in the cities (Mpls/St.Paul), and they're sending a big package to AZ for my mom's mom. I'm just using old book pages as wrapping, with red accents and hemp yarn as ribbon.

However, I did use something different for the To&From tags. I bought, awhile back, a bag of blank invites (secondhand store) that were red and green in color. There was one package that was a bit different than the others = it had a red checkered pattern on it. So, I cut out the squares and used a hole punch. Those became my tags. Yeah. Simple, and that way I used the invites for something neat, too, and I didn't have to chuck them into a box ... never to be seen again. Ooooooh.

This weekend, beyond playing with my niece a wee bit on Saturday & packing/leaving for the cities on Sunday, I'd like to finish my wrapping and maybe finish the snowman ball ornaments project as well as burning the CDs for my friends. I'd like to be able to come home from the conference on Tuesday and hand out some Christmas cards, etc., on campus Wednesday morning...

I should try to get that paper ball necklace all completed, too. I'd like to wear that soon.

Oh, sidenote: I brought those green plaid stars (on a string) to campus to put on our office door. I ended up finding red paper to make MORE stars out of. And we even had someone comment on how cool they were. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment