12.03.2012

project #3: the "easy" wreath.

This is the easy way to make a holiday wreath.
I found the fake stick wreaths at Target in the $1. I bought three because I like odd numbers of things.
The garland was leftover from some decorations I had at my campus office, and the red string is actually t-shirt "yarn." If you chop up a tee (from the armpits down) into 1" strips (especially if the shirt doesn't have a seem on the sides), then tug on the loop you've created, you'll end up with t-shirt yarn.

I have a lot of it and told myself to wear it like a scarf. I still haven't after months of having made the stuff. For some reason, I like the grey t-shirt yarn scarf the best, so whatever...
I looped the garland around the fake twigs; it stuck on its own which was cool - both pieces are coarse in nature. Bonus! Then I cut a loop of t-shirt yarn and made a bow. 

Last step: Put all three outside around our garage lights. So pretty... and they cost me about... gee... under $5 a piece I bet.


No comments:

Post a Comment