9.25.2010

So, next week, I travel. Not to anywhere that anyone would deem "cool," but it's conference I don't have to fly to. WHICH delights me beyond words.

Luckily, my travel will take me through Minneapolis Wednesday; I'm pumped because I plan to wake up extra-specially early to partake in some shopping before arriving at my destination. I'm thinking of hitting up Aldo + Forever 21 + Nordstrom Rack + Savers Savers Savers. Yep. And maybe this Buffalo Exchange store people blog about.

With that in mind, I plan to take very little with me. The conference starts Thursday (with meeting(s) I have to hit up cuz I'm a rep... and reception*, etc.), and due to my college celebrating Homecoming, I'll be zooming back late Friday night. With the short trip + planned shopping, I shouldn't have to bring a ton.

I guess I'm using this post as a way to plan out what to bring... more than to plan out shopping. Which is a cool, weird thing, I suppose?

Anyhow... I'm thinking of total comfort for Wednesday driving (7-8 hours worth) - in addition to easy on & off. A dress with a jacket, perhaps, and slip-on boots. *checking weather report* Okay, highs of upper 60s and lower 70s for that area. Hmm... So, maybe a dress that has sleeves so I don't have to wear a jacket + a scarf? + my BED boots or cowboy boots or lightweight ones that I wore to Moondance Jam. Yeah. And then on Thursday: same dress with different accessories/shoes? I mean, I may find something else to wear while shopping anyhow; no need to pack extra... I may just bring an outfit for Friday, assuming I'll probably buy stuff for Thursday (OR mix & match accessories/shoes as mentioned).

Some blog I recently read had a post about bringing just 10 items while traveling, beyond hair products and undies/sox. Like 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of pants or leggings, a dress, a top, jeans, and then 1-2 jackets/cardigans I guess (and maybe a skirt?). I think that may be more than enough because if I could just bring my small carpet-patterened bag, that'd be awesome.

That smaller clothing bag + a bag for my netbook and books and magazine and folder of conference stuff + a purse. Done. Hmph.

*Second thought: I should have something semi-fancy for the reception, Thursday, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment