11.29.2012

twenty-five days and twenty-five projects?

Okay, so a lot of people on Facebook did these "I'm Thankful for..." statuses for X amount of days; 
I'm thinking of doing something kind of similar. 


Since Saturday marks the start of December, and I've been obsessed with craft projects lately, I'm wondering if I shouldn't try out a new crafty thing each day. Yes, that's up to 25 THINGS.

Some of the stuff I have found on Pinterest isn't difficult to make, and this way, I might have extra cool Christmas gifts? And just cool stuff in general! And that's where the thankfulness comes in; if they become gifts, it's my way of showing my love for a relative or friend = a homemade something from my stout fingers!

AND I've noticed that when I focus on being creative outside of the writing realm of things, I get creative everywhere. This could help in my latest publishing projects (that may or may not blossom). The goal today is, since I've wrapped up grading for this week and don't have classes until tomorrow, to find craft projects to do each day because I'm going to need 25 of them. Or at least 15-20 because some may be 1+ day projects...

So, a list to choose from:

button bracelets [already did, but I'd like to make more]
button necklaces
button additions to an old/new shirt
buttons on a card
heart garland
felt garland
garland made of old Christmas party invites so I can use it to decorate the fake baby evergreens in the living room
fabric letters on an old/new tee [already did, but I want to do more]
fabric hearts made of scraps (with buttons on them? snowman shape or Christmas tree shape?)
leftover fabric = patchwork on old jeans (may take more than a day?)
leftover fabric = patchwork on a shirt (may take more than a day?) like words or a skull or just hearts on elbows?
leftover fabric = stuff animals (may take more than a day?)
leftover fabric = fabric keychains
scrap fabric Christmas wreath
yarn covered cardboard shaped in the form of a letter
pom-poms
zippers = small pouch
zippers = add to a dress to change how it fits? (may take more than a day?)
crossbody bag (may take more than a day?)
modge podged wine bottle for my bangles
beads made from paper (using modge podge)
chevron friendship bracelets from t-shirt string, etc.
napkin rings from TP rolls and fabric
deck of cards + creativity = mini-funky-journal
CD holder sleeve(s)

^^ That's 25, kids.^^

As I choose them, and complete them, I'll try to upload a picture and then cross them off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment