1.24.2019

So, ALMOST FIVE YEARS later, I return to this blog and cringe - just a little bit - at the focus I had on weight loss years ago. I'm happy to report that I let the diet go by the wayside January of 2015, and I've never been more clear-headed about what I eat, why my body looks the way it does, and the importance of moving joyfully (instead of viewing it as a way to burn X calories).

Anyhow, if you want to have your own epiphany about diet and exercise, start Googling #HAES (Health at Every Size) or Intuitive Eating or just read the research about how successful dieting is (only about 5% of people can keep the weight off long-term). I'm so passionate about this topic now - because I hate when I discover I've been brainwashed - that I started a Facebook page called Sticky SAP in order to share body positive/ body neutral images and articles and all that jazz.

Yeah.

I thought about going back to my old posts and taking out the "diet talk," but those thoughts are what I had in the moment, and while they aren't pretty to me now, they do record how messy my head was with CALORIES and HOW MUCH to eat and OMGOSH IF I WORKOUT TWICE TODAY I CAN EAT WHATEVER and... wow. Food's just fuel, kids. We don't owe anyone a certain body size or weight. And health is so subjective.

Okay.

More later, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment