10.03.2010

Sell Yourself?

Lots of fashionbloggers have started selling, via etsy or ebay, their clothing. While this is a great idea, I've noticed that when I log into Google Reader, I'm faced with a lot more "here's what I'm selling this week" stuff or "check out this jewelry from this other site that's sponsoring me." It's not a big deal, just an hurdle one has to deal with when looking for some simple style inspiration. It's like using Google or Bing to find something, and then the search pops up extra crap that you didn't want to bother with to begin with.

I've purchased things from fashionbloggers, so I'm not saying that I haven't "done my part."

Anyhow, I was at a conference from Wednesday until late Friday, so I haven't caught up on my Google Reader in awhile. I have 654 items to look at. Eeeeek. A few of those are design (as in apartment or home design) blogs, and without a home to dream about design-wise, I've been zooming through those quickly.

Speaking of the conference, I spent some moo-la on clothes...
---On Wednesday, I hit up a Savers first and found two jackets (one with aztec print, another that was studded), an animal print dress, and a knit green dress. I think I spent about $20-30 there.
---[Early lunch at Subway.]
---Next up was the Buffalo Exchange that DirtyHairHalo talks about; I brought in some items and got about $24 in exchange money. I found two pairs of shoes (animal print flats and bootie-sandals), a double-finger ring, and a black tunic with a gold embossed print on it. I think I ended up with a bill of $30 or so.
---After that, I headed to the Mall Of America. I went to H&M first. Nothing really popped out at me. I wanted more unique stuff, I guess. So, I went up to the Nordstrom Rack. I found these lovely cloggish + tall + booties. Very jeffreycampbellish for $70 and then a chubby knit cardigan for about $30.
---From there, I went to Ragstock. I spent like $70 there on a tee (1984), kimono top, Hollister jeans, a bag, and new boots.
---I had a TON of stuff to carry at that point, but I went to one of F21's stores and got black wedge sandals and a necklace ($30?).
---After that, I think I puttered out... got a Diet Coke (can) and drove south to Des Moines.

---On Thursday, I tried out some morning shopping in West Des Moines. I found two dresses at Marshall's as well as some fingerless grey mittens ($45).
---From there, I went to the Jordan Creek mall. Forever 21 got about $100 from me... I found about 6 or more items there ranging from tunics to a wildcat sweater to a grey zip-up hoodie to a heart necklace and silk-like tops for layering.
---Next up was The Gap. Now, there is one in Fargo, but I haven't popped in there AND I knew that I could take back stuff if I didn't like it anyhow... well, I tried on some jegging-like black jeans. They were doing a 15% off clearance stuff and I had a $10 off coupon WHICH made them being $54 okay with me. I also got some heavy-duty black leggings that may be made of a thicker cotton; they are delightful. I think I ended up putting $50ish on my Old Navy credit card after my new Gap one was denied (I'm guessing I hadn't verified it yet).
---I checked out some other stores (Aldo), etc. but started to get pooped (F21 took awhile to get through). I made my last stop at Sephora for some Viva La Juicy, a tanning towelette, and thickening lotion for my hair.

---I spent $50 that night with the Ridgewater crew at The Court Ave Brewing Company. That was a great, great meal. The Asian Flat Iron meal = better than excellent.

---On my way back Friday, I took a break and stopped at the Savers in Bloomington. Definitely not as clean as the Hopkins/Columbia Heights one, but I found two items for $9 and brought in a bag of stuff for the 20% coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment